This gluten free, vegan chocolate cake is absolutely divine. Every single one of my friends who tried it was left speechless. My mom and I created the recipe together and in honor of her birthday today, I am sharing it with you all. We decided to use Simple Mill’s chocolate frosting but you can either make your own or skip the frosting. I hope you all enjoy a bit of sweetness in your life!
Vegan Chocolate Cake
For The Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener (coconut sugar can be used)
- Pinch of salt
For The Wet Ingredients:
- 1 (5.3 oz) container unsweetend coconut yogurt
- 1 banana, blended
- 1/2 cup strawberries, blended
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- cooking spray
For The Topping:
- 1/2 container Simple Mills chocolate frosting
- 1/4 of a dark chocolate bar, grated
- berries, optional
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- STEP 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well using a fork.
- STEP 3. Add the banana and strawberries to a blender or food processor and pulse until they are pureed.
- STEP 4. Add all of the wet ingredients (besides cooking spray) to the dry and mix well.
- STEP 5. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper. Spray all around the edges with cooking spray so the cake doesn’t stick.
- STEP 6. Bake for 35 minutes, until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- STEP 7. Place the chocolate frosting in the microwave for 12-15 seconds max. Stir well with a butter knife. This will allow the frosting to loosen up and will be easier to spread over the cake.
- STEP 8. Spread chocolate frosting over the cake and grate dark chocolate over it. If you like, garnish the cake with berries. It lasts in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy cold!
Tools/Products Used For This Recipe: