This quinoa artichoke salad turned out incredible. It’s packed with flavor, fiber & protein. I cooked the quinoa in Bare Bones broth to add more protein & collagen to the salad. Collagen can help enhance digestion, reduce gut inflammation, and support a healthy gut barrier. The bone broth is not mandatory and the salad can be made vegan by cooking the quinoa in water or vegetable broth. I have made this using couscous and it tastes very good but decided to remake it with quinoa as it is more nutritious.
Quinoa Artichoke Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cook per box instructions
- 1 and 1/2 cups bone broth or water
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan feta (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, black pepper & chili flakes to taste
- STEP 1. Cook quinoa in bone broth or water as per box instructions and set aside.
- STEP 2. In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, cucumbers, green onions, parsley and vegan feta. Add the cooked quinoa to the salad and toss.
- STEP 3. Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and chili flakes. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.
Tools/Products Used For This Recipe: