Tzatziki is a “must have” appetizer during any of my family’s gatherings. Store bought tzatziki can never taste as good as my mom’s and there is no way that it is as healthy as hers. Making your own is super easy and I am so glad she shared this recipe with me. It’s cool, creamy & super duper healthy! The cucumber can be diced or grated. I prefer it diced, due to the additional crunch. Its great accompanied with small bites, grilled meats or as a dip. The recipe stays fresh in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 6 tbsp Fage non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 persian cucumbers, diced in small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- STEP 1. In a large glass bowl, mix all of the ingredients well.
- STEP 2. Taste to see if it’s “too garlicy” and add another spoon of yogurt if you wish.
- STEP 3. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!