This almond cake with vanilla frosting turned out incredible. My mom and I decided to whip it up the other day and it came out perfect from the first try which isn’t often the case with baking. Usually we recipe test a few times before I upload the final edit to my website. This cake is super simple to prepare and will take you less than 10 minutes to pop in the oven. Its light, airy and healthy! The perfect dessert to have during quarantine! If you don’t have monk fruit at home, use coconut sugar instead. I personally love to bake with monk fruit because it cuts down on the calories and sugar but its not necessary. The cake can last in the fridge for a few days and tastes delicious when eaten cold. Enjoy!
Almond Cake with Vanilla Frosting
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 cup almond flour
- cooking spray
- 5 oz. vanilla frosting, lightly warmed
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Sliced Strawberries
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- STEP 2. Separate egg yolks from whites and place in two bowls.
- STEP 3. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks until they are snow white (about 3 minutes).
- STEP 4. Rinse out the whisks from mixer and whisk the egg yolks with sugar for 2 minutes, until creamy.
- STEP 5. Add the almond flour to a larger bowl and fold in the egg whites and yolks using a spatula. Combine the batter without overmixing.
- STEP 6. Line an 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Pour the cake batter and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 7. Warm up 5 oz. vanilla frosting (half of the package) for 10-15 seconds so it can loosen up a bit. Add the melted white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Mix well and spread over the cake.
- STEP 8. Garnish the cake with sliced strawberries and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. It tastes even better the next day!
Tools/Products Used in This Recipe: