These bite-sized pancakes make the perfect appetizer. I grew up eating blini aka Russian pancakes and it is still one of my favorite recipes. They can be topped with dairy-free cream cheese, caviar or smoked salmon. I also like to eat them with homemade strawberry jam and Bulgarian feta!
Blini aka Russian Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (vegan can be used)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 3-4 tbsp organic all-purpose flour
- 4 grams dry yeast
- Cooking spray
- STEP 1. Separate the yolks from the egg whites and place each in two separate bowls.
- STEP 2. Whisk the yolks with yogurt, almond milk, salt, and sugar. Add the flour and yeast. Mix well.
- STEP 3. Whisk the egg whites with a mixer until stiff. Fold into the yolk mixture and mix. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. The batter should be thick but not runny. Think of pancake batter.
- STEP 4. Grease a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Use a large tablespoon to scoop the batter. Make 5-6 small pancakes at a time. Cook for a minute on each side, until golden.
- STEP 5. Serve the blini with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: