This avocado toast with mushrooms is packed with flavor and nutrients. I used a gluten-free, vegan bread as the base. Due to the ingredients of the bread, you will be adding extra fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids to your morning toast. Avocados are a great healthy alternative to foods that contain saturated fats and are nutrient dense, so even a small portion of this delicious fruit will go a long way. Eating healthy fats helps to increase satiety hormones that will keep you fuller for longer. The healthy fats found in avocado can help lower cholesterol and improve blood lipids.
Avocado Toast with Mushrooms
For The Toast:
- 2 slices gluten-free low carb bread
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Sea salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste
- STEP 1. Place the 2 slices of bread on a cutting board and top with mashed avocado. Squeeze a little lemon juice over it.
- STEP 2. Heat ghee in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, until brown. Toss with fresh thyme, and season with sea salt, pepper and chili flakes. Remove from heat.
- STEP 3. Top the avocado toast with mushrooms and enjoy.