Black bean pasta has become one of my staples! There is just one ingredient in it and its BEANS!! It’s organic, vegan, gluten free, full of protein and fiber, AND GUILT FREE! It is so filling and super tasty. It tastes great when paired with my arugula pesto. The flavors blend in so well, it is just divine!
Black Bean Pasta with Tiger Prawns
- Black bean pasta (Tolerant)
- 10 baby zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 8 tiger prawns, peeled and marinated for a few hours
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- “go vegan parmesan cheese” or any cheese of choice for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Marinade the prawns and let sit in the fridge for a 1-2 hours.
- STEP 1. Boil pasta according to package directions.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil in a pan, and sauté the garlic and onion until golden brown.
- STEP 3. Toss in the zucchini and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- STEP 4. Lower the heat and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- STEP 5. Add prawns and sauté until prawns are tender.
- STEP 6. Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Top with arugula pesto and prawns.
- STEP 7. Serve with fresh cilantro and any cheese of choice, if desired.