This burger is blasting with flavor and it makes me feel like I am sitting in the desert of the Middle East. It is so delicious with the sumac sauce!
Grilled Chicken Burger With Yogurt & Sumac Sauce
Makes 5 burgers
For The Burger:
- 1 large organic chicken breast, skinless
- 1 large zucchini, grated and salted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 seranno pepper if you like it spicy
For The Sauce:
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
- STEP 2. Squeeze out ALL excess water from the zucchini. The zucchini will be should look like a size of a tennis ball after the excess water is squeezed out.
- STEP 3. Blend the chicken breast in a food processor and mix with the remainder of burger ingredients.
- STEP 4. Mix the meat well and form 5 well rounded burgers.
- STEP 5. Place parchment paper on a cutting board and grease it with extra virgin olive oil.
- STEP 6. Place each burger on top of parchment paper and cut each one so it can be transferred to the grill easier.
- STEP 7. Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side. If they need extra time, place them in a well heated oven for few extra minutes.
- STEP 8. Chop the fresh mint for the sauce and mix it with yogurt, sumac, garlic and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- STEP 9. Serve the burgers with sumac sauce and enjoy!