There are so many different kinds of vegan cheese on the market, I wanted to point out some of my favorite ones I like to use in my kitchen. Plant based cheese is a great alternative for those who can’t tolerate dairy or are following a vegan diet.
- Miyoko’s Fresh Vegan Mozzarella – A cashew based vegan cheese that really melts, stretches, and tastes like fresh mozzarella. I like to use this creamy cheese how I would use regular dairy mozzarella. It is delish on pizza, pasta, in salads, on my Stuffed Mushrooms with Pesto, and added to My Favorite Weight Loss GG Crackers.
- Violife Vegan Feta Cheese – I went crazy when I discovered this product. I have always had a weak spot for Bulgarian feta and this product is an excellent alternative. It tastes creamy like goat cheese but it is firm like feta. The perfect combo between the two! Try this cheese in my Greek Salad or with Baked Eggs and Veggies.
- Violife Provolone Style Cheese Slices – I have tried so many vegan cheese slices and this brand has to be my favorite right now . The ingredient list is short, and cleaner when compared to many other brands! Both the consistency and taste make it very convincing when added onto a GG Sandwich or paired with Gluten Free Mikey’s Muffins – replacing any dairy cheese slice. I personally enjoy the provolone flavor, but they have many to choose from!
- Monty’s – This is by far the best “cream cheese” on the market. The ingredients are minimal and super clean. It is organic and cashew based. My favorite flavor is the creamed cheese scallion and the truffle wheels!
- Follow Your Heart Parmesan – I love using this Parmesan to replace the dairy in my favorite Cauliflower Pizza Crust. You seriously cannot taste the difference! It is also great on GG Pizzas, pasta dishes like my Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce, and risottos like my Mushroom Quinoa “Risotto”!
- Violife Mozzarella Shreds – This is my go-to brand and style of vegan cheese that I like to use to top pizza or pasta. This specific one is lactose, nut and soy free. The shreds melt really nicely on my Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipes and my Vegan GG Pizzas. This is a great alternative to regular shredded cheese that will stretch and melt into gooey deliciousness when cooked properly.
- Nush Foods Cream Cheeses Style Spreads – I found this brand at the Whole Foods in London and immediately loved it. The chives cream cheese tastes like Kite Hill (see below) and is made out of almonds.
- Kite Hill Cream Cheeses Style Spreads – All of Kite Hill’s Almond Milk cream cheese spreads are great! Made with minimal and natural ingredients, it can easily replace regular cream cheese in any recipe. I like to use it on GG crackers with Lox or in my Baked Cauliflower Mash.
- Kite Hill Ricotta Artisanal Style Cheese – Just like the the cream cheeses, Kite Hill’s ricotta cheese tastes like the real deal! Great for desserts, paired with crackers, in baked dishes like my Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach & Mushrooms, or try it in my Ricotta with Cherry Tomatoes Salad.