This low carb broccoli mash is always my go to when I want to replace mashed potatoes and don’t have cauliflower on hand. Full of dietary fiber and vitamins A, C and K, broccoli is a versatile vegetable that’s easy to incorporate as a side dish.
- 2 broccoli heads
- 4 tbsp almond milk or any nut milk
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp juice of lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped scallions
- STEP 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- STEP 2. Cut the broccoli heads into pieces.
- STEP 3. Steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- STEP 4. Drain and place the broccoli in a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until well combined. Serve and garnish with chopped scallions.