One of my favorite pasta recipes! My boyfriend had no idea I served him gluten-free pasta made out of lentils and he loved it! Lentil’s rich concentration of fiber and folate make this pasta an excellent choice for a heart-healthy meal. Full of flavor, fiber and protein it will make you going back for seconds!
Red Lentil Rotini with Bolognese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lbs. grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large jar tomato sauce
- 1 packet red lentil rotini (I recommend Tolerant)
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- STEP 1. First season the beef with pepper, salt, cumin, cinnamon and 1 tbsp parsley.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the beef. Break it up using a wooden spoon so the meat doesn’t form chunks. Cook for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- STEP 3. Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add tomato sauce and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss in the other tablespoon of parsley.
- STEP 5. Cook pasta as per directions, about 8-10 minutes.
- STEP 6. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and toss together with the bolognese sauce.
- STEP 7. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.