Cauliflower crust pizza is a great alternative to regular pizza crust. It is higher in fiber, lower in calories and carbs. One regular slice of cheese pizza can be around 500 calories and 35 grams of carbs. One large slice of cauliflower crust pizza is 120 calories and only 6g carbs! As you see, this is a huge difference. The crust tastes so delicious, you will never want to eat regular pizza ever again. If you like, you can buy a large cauliflower, and make 2 or 3 pizza crusts out of it. Freeze them and have them on a day when you don’t feel like cooking much.
Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza
For The Crust:
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
For The Toppings:
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce (I like Rao’s)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat and add the grated cauliflower. Stir with a spatula for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl add the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, egg, and the spices. Mix well with your hands.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the cauliflower mixture over it. Spread it out in a circle to form the pizza crust. Flatten out any uneven areas and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer the crust to a metal cooling rack and discard the parchment paper. This will keep it crunchy and will prevent it from getting soggy. Let cool completely until you apply the toppings.
- STEP 5. In a small skillet, heat olive oil and add in the green onions, spinach and mushrooms. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Drain any liquid and set aside.
- STEP 6. Preheat oven to 450 F or 250 C. Spread marinara sauce over the cooled pizza crust and top with spinach and mushrooms. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and add the sliced tomato. Top with red crushed pepper.
- STEP 7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes on 450 F or 250 C. Remove from oven and let cool.