The is a modern take on the class Middle Eastern tabbouleh made with cauliflower rice instead of bulgur. The gluten-free, low carb Nedi Approved version can be served as a side dish for seafood or meat. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a salad. If you are eating it as a salad, try topping it with grilled chicken or tempeh.
Nedi’s Tip: Cauliflower rice can be made a day or two head and kept refrigerated in a glass container. To save time, purchase pre-made cauliflower rice that is not frozen.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
For The Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Grate the cauliflower or use a food processor to blend it and make it into a cauliflower rice consistency. Transfer to a large skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2. Chop the cucumbers, tomato, green onions, mint and parsley. Add the veggies to the cauliflower mix.
- STEP 3. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and sea salt. Pour over the cauliflower with veggies and mix until well combined.