Shrimp saganaki is a classical Greek dish that the whole family will love. The most common saganaki recipes can be made with cheese, shrimp or mussels. This is a super easy and delicious appetizer that you can whip up on a busy weeknight. Serve with my Greek orzo salad and a cold glass of ouzo. Yamas!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups large shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup ouzo
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tomatoes, grated
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- STEP 1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Sauté for 1 minute on each side. Add the ouzo and cook for another minute or two, until the ouzo starts to evaporate. Set aside.
- STEP 2. Add the remaining of olive oil to a skillet and sauté the peppers and onion for about 2-3 minutes, until they are tender.
- STEP 3. Add the grated tomatoes and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- STEP 4. Add the shrimp and garnish with feta cheese. Bring the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until the feta starts to melt. Garnish the saganaki with chopped parsley and serve with a cold glass of ouzo!
Products/Tools Used In This Recipe: