Who doesn’t love chocolate!? This gem has a hidden ingredient (the black beans) and it is absolutely guilt-free! This is a great dessert for the kids. They won’t even realize they are eating beans, and they will get some extra fiber and protein while doing so! This can either be baked in cupcake molds (as shown here) or in a square baking pan for brownies.
Black Bean Chocolate Cupcakes
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp Sukrin fiber gold syrup
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raspberries to serve on the side
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 300F/ 150C. Lightly grease the cupcake molds.
- STEP 2. In a small pot, heat coconut oil, chocolate and fiber syrup over low heat, until chocolate melts. Allow to cool off for a minute.
- STEP 3. Transfer to a blender with beans, baking powder and eggs. Blend until smooth.
- STEP 4. Make sure to scrape down with a spatula all the sides so the ingredients blend well.
- STEP 5. Spoon mixture into a baking pan or cupcake molds and bake for 20-25 minutes. The longer you bake it for, the firmer it will get.
- STEP 6. Serve with raspberries!