This French chicken in a white wine sauce is easy enough to prepare for the family, but also impressive to serve with company. It is full of flavors! I recommend serving it with mushroom risotto or cauliflower purée.
French Chicken In White Wine Sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 organic, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 4 organic chicken drum sticks
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 sticks celery, chopped
- half of a pack baby carrots, chopped
- 2 medium white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms (shitakee and portabello), sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3 glasses white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tarragon (fresh)
- STEP 1. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken on all sides.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and brown the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Take out and set aside.
- STEP 3. In the same pot, put in all the vegetables. Sauté for 5 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper, and thyme.
- STEP 4. Add the chicken on top of the veggies and add the white wine, chicken broth and cover the pot. Simmer for one hour & 30 minutes on low heat, until the sauce is reduced.
- STEP 5. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with fresh tarragon over the top.