I absolutely love mashed potatoes but I’m not a fan of all the carbs! This cauliflower purée is divine! It’s creamy, comforting and your guests won’t even know you used cauliflower (my dad didn’t! ;)) It’s great as a side to fish, chicken or even served for brunch.
Twice Baked Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ghee (grass-fed butter)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- Step 1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and place cauliflower in it. Cook covered for 10 minutes, so the cauliflower is tender but not mushy. Remove from heat. Drain well.
- Step 2. Put the cauliflower back in pot with lid on and let stand for 2-3 minutes. This ensures the cauliflower doesn’t get watery. Don’t skip this step.
- Step 3. Place cooked cauliflower in the food processor with parmesan cheese, yogurt, salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic powder and ghee. Blend until it has the consistency of mashed potatoes. You can choose to make this a day ahead and refrigerate the mixture until you are ready to bake.
- Step 4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 5. Place mashed cauliflower in a lightly greased baking pan. Top with chopped onions and shredded cheese.
- Step 6. Bake for 20 minutes and then broil for a couple of minutes to crisp up the top.