I got the inspiration of this cake from my friend Or Daniel. She is an incredible chef and her recipes are always impeccable. I made a few Nedi approved twists by using monkfruit in place of sugar and almond flour instead of regular flour. I also blended an orange and added it to the mix for extra flavor and texture. This cake is gluten free, dairy free, low carb and it won’t spike up blood sugar levels. Monkfruit is a great sugar replacer that is zero calories and it’s low-glycemic natural sweetener. Enjoy this delicious cake with a cup of my favorite Bulgarian Linden tea!
Nedi’s Tip: If you love the taste of orange, zest half the orange peel into the mixture. It may add a bit of bitterness so keep that in mind.
Gluten Free Orange Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 orange, peeled and blended
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut spray
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- STEP 2. In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk for a minute with a mixer. Slowly start to add the monkfruit and continue to whisk for another minute.
- STEP 3. Zest half the orange peel into the mix and peel the rest of the orange. Discard the peel and using a food processor blend the orange.
- STEP 4. Add the blended orange and vanilla extract to the egg mix. Add the baking powder, almond flour, and sea salt. Whisk for a minute until well combined.
- STEP 5. Place parchment paper over an 8×8 inch baking pan and lightly grease with coconut spray. Pour the batter into the pan and garnish with thin orange slices. Bake for 35 minutes, until golden on top.
Products/Tools Used For This Recipe: