This is a simple and aromatic dish that is perfect for a last minute meal. I love salmon not only for its taste but for its amazing health benefits as well. The omega 3 fatty acids in salmon help to burn fat around the belly and spike up the metabolism. Food is a very powerful drug and can greatly enhance our health. Eating a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids can reduce cellular inflammation in the body. Some inflammatory diseases are cancer, diabetes, alzheimer’s, IBS, and the list goes on & on. Let food be your medicine, and let medicine be your food!
Try serving it with my delicious low-carb, cauliflower mash!
- 2 (3 oz.) fillets of wild salmon
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. In a glass bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- STEP 2. Sprinkle the salmon with a little bit of sea salt & pepper.
- STEP 3. Marinade the fish and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- STEP 4. Heat a lightly oiled grill and cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on preference for rare or well done.