My friend Danielle Hamo brought over this organic wheat bran and we decided to whip up some waffles! I really liked this wheat bran because it’s organic, non GMO, kosher, and actually tasted so good! Half a cup of the wheat bran provides you with 60 calories, 6 grams protein, 14 grams carbs, 12 grabs fiber and just 2 grams net carbs. This is a great product that allows you to add more fiber to your diet. Fiber is beneficial for digestion, eliminating toxins out of the body, lowering cholesterol, controls blood sugar levels and aids in weight loss. The combination of fiber and protein will keep you feeling full for many hours and you won’t be tempted to snack on junk.
High Fiber Savory Waffles
- coconut cooking spray
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic wheat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nut milk + more if needed
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- vegan cream cheese, I used Monty’s
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- smoked salmon
- STEP 1. Preheat waffle iron and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- STEP 2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Add more nut milk if needed. It shouldn’t be too much liquid but the consistency of a batter.
- STEP 3. Pour some of the mixture into the waffle iron and close. Cook until the light goes off so you know it is ready, the waffles should look golden. Repeat this step two more times so you make three waffles total.
- STEP 4. Serve waffles and top with your favorite toppings.
Tools/Products Used In Recipe: