I am a huge fan or Jerusalem artichokes and super excited to share this recipe with you. Jerusalem artichokes aka sun-chokes are packed with fiber which helps to lower blood sugar levels and keep you satiated for longer. I filmed a similar recipe with my friend Yalda for my IGTV a few months ago. You can check it out to see how we made it. In the IGTV we used a salsa verde sauce that Yalda made so the below sauce is a little bit different. Both are divine! I hope you guys enjoy – and just be mindful when eating these. They have a funny nickname – “fartichoke”. Due to the high fiber content of inulin (a non-digestible dietary fiber with strong prebiotic properties), they can cause gas and bloating in some people. That being said, enjoy as a side dish to this delicious Steamed Halibut.
- 12-15 Jerusalem artichokes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
For The Spicy Green Sauce:
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 green onions
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- STEP 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the artichokes on top. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- STEP 3. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 4. While the artichokes are baking, prepare the spicy green sauce. Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend. Feel free to add a little more olive oil if you like.
- STEP 5. Plate the artichokes in a serving dish and drizzle with the green sauce. Enjoy warm or cold.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: