These wasabi mashed potatoes will easily become your new favorite side dish! They are lighter than regular mashed potatoes because of the cauliflower. I love the combination of cauliflower and potato as a purée. It tastes so good and you sneak in some extra nutrients and vitamins. This recipe can be made vegan by using vegan yogurt and olive oil in place of Greek yogurt and ghee. If you love the taste of wasabi, feel free to add a little extra! This side dish tastes incredibly well when paired with a Grilled Salmon or Chicken Piccata.
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp wasabi purée
- 1 tsp ghee or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Bring a pot filled with water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and potato. Cook until tender. Remove from stove and drain well.
- STEP 2. Add the cauliflower, potato and the remaining of ingredients to a food processor.
- STEP 3. Pulse for 5-10 seconds, until we’ll combined and serve.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: