This is an elegant dish with an impeccable taste. The method of steaming a fish in parchment paper allows all the flavors to blend in and it is very tasty. I came across this recipe a year ago while I was browsing through Health Guru Teresa Cutter’s website. She has incredible gut healing recipes that are simple to make and full of health benefits. The ingredients in this dish will boost the immune system and support digestion. Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color and it is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with being rich in iron, zinc, and B vitamins. It has been linked to the management of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, asthma, eczema and inflammatory bowel disease. Ginger (another favorite of my) is well known for relieving digestive issues and reducing inflammation. This dish serves well with a side of creamy broccoli or sweet pea purée!
Steamed Halibut in Ginger and Turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp turmeric, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz halibut
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thinly to top the fish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Step 2. Combine ginger, turmeric, garlic, tamari, lime juice and olive oil into a bowl and mix well.
- Step 3. Lay out two large piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Step 4. Wash fish and dry off with paper towel so it absorbed better.
- Step 5. Place one of the fillets on half of the parchment paper and pour half of the ingredients mix on top.
- Step 6. Repeat step 5 using the other piece of halibut fillet.
- Step 7. Wrap each fish in the parchment paper and you can use egg mixture to seal off the ends. Beat one egg in a bowl. Spread a little bit of the egg at the ends of the parchment paper using a spoon, so it will allow to be sealed well. Then start folding in the corners until it is sealed into a little pocket.
- Step 8. Place the fish in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 9. Take out of the oven. You can serve the fish wrapped or you can unfold it and place it in a plate.
- Step 10. Serve immediately with your choice of salad or side dish.