This is a popular green salad that is served in most Bulgarian homes. I grew up eating this almost everyday, as it was my mom’s favorite salad, plus it is so easy to whip up. This simple salad can be paired with roasted salmon or a chicken burger.
Leafy Green Salad
- 3 eggs, boiled
- green leafy lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or juice from 1/2 lemon)
- sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Carefully add the eggs with a spoon and lower the heat to medium. Cook eggs for about 8-9 minutes, drain water and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, green onions, and radishes. Drizzle with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss together.
- STEP 3. Peel the eggs carefully and slice into four long pieces. Decorate the sliced eggs over the salad and serve immediately.