I love beets, they are so delicious and full of nutritional benefits. They are particularly rich in folate, a vitamin that is important for a healthy heart. Adding avocados to salads is a great way to help you absorb more nutrients from other vegetables, so toss in an avocado if you have one laying around. It will give the salad a delicious, creamy texture.
Zesty Beet Salad
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 large steamed or roasted beets, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. In a glass bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- STEP 2. Add the spinach, beets, and avocado and mix well.
- STEP 3. Transfer to a serving platter and scatter the scallions over the top.