This salad is one of those crowd-pleasing dishes that allows you to make-ahead of time. It’s a healthy eater’s dream: vibrant, fresh and satisfying. The quinoa and beans add extra protein and fiber, making it a super nutritious salad. It’s the perfect dish to serve with grilled chicken or prawns.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- juice of 1 fresh limes
- STEP 1. Prepare the quinoa ahead of time.
- STEP 2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- STEP 3. Chop all of the vegetables, and mix with cooked quinoa and beans in a large bowl.
- STEP 4. Add the dressing and mix throughly.
- STEP 5. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. The longer it stays in the fridge, the better it will taste. Feel free to make this a few days in advance.