This mushroom arugula salad is so delicious and very filling. I love how “meaty” the mushrooms taste and this dish can be eaten as a main course. Mushrooms are low in calories and fat with absolutely no cholesterol, making them excellent for weight loss. Shiitake mushrooms may help fight cancer, boost immunity, and support heart health. The basil infused olive oil adds tons of flavor and can be purchased through Estero Bay Olive Oil. Don’t stress if you don’t have the basil olive oil. Regular olive oil can be used as the herbs de Provence and rosemary make the mushrooms very tasty!
Mushroom Arugula Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 cups mushroom mix (oyster, shiitake, button), thinly sliced
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp herbs de Provence
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp basil infused olive oil (regular olive oil can be used too)
- STEP 1. Add arugula salad to a large serving bowl and top with sliced avocado.
- STEP 2. Heat ghee in a skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms, sea salt, rosemary, herbs de Provence and sauté for 5 minutes, until brown. Toss the mushrooms over the salad and return skillet to stove.
- STEP 3. Add the pine nuts to the hot skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Add the pine nuts to the salad.
- STEP 4. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and drizzle with basil infused olive oil. Toss well and serve.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: