This is my all-time favorite dish at Nobu. Sushi and sashimi were one of the foods I missed the most during quarantine. It was challenging to find sushi grade salmon, but I finally got my hands on some incredible quality salmon! This dish turned out incredible. It is easy to prepare and will impress your guests. It is definitely going to be my new staple for dinner parties.
Nobu’s New Style Salmon Sashimi
- 8 oz. sushi grade salmon
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 12 springs chives, cut in half
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 oz. black caviar (optional)
- STEP 1. Cut the salmon into thin slices, about 1 inch thick. Lay them out flat on a serving platter.
- STEP 2. Lightly massage the grated garlic over each slice.
- STEP 3. Place the chives on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- STEP 4. In a small bowl, mix the tamari, lemon and lime juice. Drizzle the sauce over the salmon.
- STEP 5. In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat. Turn off the heat just before it starts to smoke. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the heated oil over the salmon. The oil will sear the fish as you pour it on top.
- STEP 6. Top each slice with a small dollop of black caviar and serve!
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: