Sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. My mom came up with this recipe a few years ago and it has become a staple for our Thanksgiving dinner. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber, beta-carotene, potassium and vitamin C. These “fries” make delicious additions to entrees, side dishes, and even just to snack on.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- STEP 2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into long strands, french fries style.
- STEP 3. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add olive oil and spices. Use your hands to mix well so all the fries are coated with oil and spice mix.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the fries in a single layers.
- STEP 5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. After the first 15 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes on other side.