This toast is beyond yummy!! This specific brand of English muffins is only 95 calories, 3 grams fiber and 1 net carb (per 1 whole muffin) so you can have the whole muffin without worrying about consuming too many carbs. The photo shows an open faced sandwich, so just toast the second half of the muffin and place it on top after you are doing taking a photo for Instagram ;). They are gluten-free, paleo friendly and dairy-free. You can also substitute these English muffins with high fiber GG Crackers if you prefer. I created this recipe for my 3 Day Holiday Reset. You can download the meal plan for more similar recipes and a ton of health tips to help you get through the Holidays!
Pesto Egg Sandwich
- 2 Mikey’s English muffins
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- chili flakes
- STEP 1. Pop the English muffins in a toaster or place in a preheat oven at 400 F for 10 minutes. Once you take the muffins out, spread each muffin with pesto, about 1 teaspoon per side.
- STEP 2. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Crack the eggs so they are apart from one another. Lower the heat and cover. Cook for about a minute and a half. The longer you cook, the more well done your eggs will be.
- STEP 3. Top each muffin with the egg and sprinkle your favorite toppings over it. Enjoy!
Nedi’s Tip: Use a pancake skillet that allows you to cook the eggs in a perfectly round shape without worrying about them touching.
Tools/Products For This Recipe: