Oatmeal is a great comfort meal for the fall. The pumpkin puree mixed with pecans is absolutely to die for. Pumpkins are rich in vitamins, fiber, potassium, zinc, iron, magnesium and beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory agent. Studies show that eating pumpkins may prevent build up of cholesterol on the arterial walls, thus reducing chances of strokes. Get cozy and warm up with this delicious breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond-coconut milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- few drops stevia
- 1 tbsp Sukrin fiber syrup
- 5-6 pecans
- STEP 1. In a medium sauce pan, combine the almond milk, oats and chia seeds. Stir well and add in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia.
- STEP 2. Cook on stove until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 3. Serve in a bowl, topped with Sukrin fiber syrup and pecans.