The perfect Thanksgiving side dish! I have made it on many different occasions, and everyone asks for the recipe. I found this recipe in Gwyneth Paltrow’s book “It’s All Good”. Her book is filled with many healthy, yet delicious and easy to make dishes. If you don’t have a copy, I suggest you get yourself one! Cauliflower is an ideal weight-loss veggie due to its high fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium content. Cauliflower is known to promote a healthy heart, and it’s not only high in nutrients but also low in calories. One cup of cooked cauliflower contains only 29 calories!
Roasted Cauliflower With Chickpeas and Mustard
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 14 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- STEP 2. Toss chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 3. Roast until dark brown, and cauliflower is soft, about 45 minutes.
- STEP 4. Meanwhile, whisk together the mustards, vinegars, and 1/4 cup of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and parsley.
- STEP 5. Serve warm or at room temperature.