This sesame crusted tuna is an elegant dish that you can often find in most restaurants but now you can also make it at home. It is a personal favorite of mine! The tuna is fresh, packed with nutrients, and perfect for lunch, dinner and entertaining. It goes really well with my Quinoa Artichoke Salad or Greek Orzo Salad.
Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 (8oz) sushi grade tuna steak
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp scallions, chopped
- STEP 1. Combine the sea salt, black pepper and sesame seeds in a shallow plate and place the tuna on top. Flip a few times so the tuna is fully covered with the seeds.
- STEP 2. Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the tuna. Sear for 30 seconds on one side and flip. Sear for 20-30 seconds on the other side, depending on how you like it cooked. Less time, more rare. Longer time, more well done.
- STEP 4. Transfer tuna to a cutting board and rest for a minute before cutting it. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- STEP 5. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce except the scallions.
- STEP 6. Drizzle the sauce over the tuna and garnish with scallions. Enjoy warm or cold!
Tools/Products For This Recipe: