Get over start-of-the-week blues by baking a comforting quinoa – quiche on Sunday night. This delicious dish will take less than 10 minutes to prep and a little over half hour to bake. It is a MAJOR hit with my family and friends!
Spinach & Feta Quinoa Quiche
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked as per directions
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese (vegan feta can be used)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (vegan parmesan can be used)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°C.
- STEP 2. Cook quinoa as per box instructions and place in a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes and add to the quinoa bowl.
- STEP 4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- STEP 5. Lightly grease a bread baking pan with cooking and add the quinoa mixture. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- STEP 6. Serve with cherry tomatoes & unsweetened coconut or Greek yogurt.