On a recent trip to Bulgaria, my cousin Mila, invited us for dinner at her beautiful home. I immediately accepted and was super excited as she is a healthy plant-based eater and an excellent chef. The salad she served was gorgeous and so tasty, I had to grab the recipe from her and share with you guys. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
Super Green Salad
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup watercress salad
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced long ways on a mandolin
- 1/2 large carrot, sliced long ways on a mandolin
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For The Dressing:
- juice of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- STEP 1. In a large bowl, combine the iceberg lettuce and watercress salad.
- STEP 2. Using a mandolin, slice the cucumber and carrot in long strips. If you don’t have a mandolin you can use a vegetable peeler.
- STEP 3. Add the sliced avocado and sesame seeds.
- STEP 4. In a small bowl, mix the juice of orange, lemon, honey, tahini and olive oil. Toss in the salad and serve!
Tools for this recipe