This incredible recipe is inspired by my friend Jessica Sepel. She was one of the first health bloggers I followed when I started my brand. I absolutely love her approach to a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet. You can find the original recipe + many more delicious ones on her app and below is a modified version I made. I love replacing chia seeds with basil seeds when I bake. They are packed with antioxidants, 2x the fiber of chia, anti-inflammatory properties, as well as healthy Omega-3 &6. The white chocolate chips in this recipe is totally optional! I hope you guys enjoy these muffins as much as my family did!
Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp basil seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp caramelized pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tsp monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- STEP 2. Lightly grease muffin molds with cooking spray and set aside.
- STEP 3. In a small bowl, mix the basil seeds with water. In another large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. If the consistency feels too dry, add a little more almond milk.
- STEP 4. Using a spoon, scoop the batter and place evenly in the muffin molds.
- STEP 5. Bake for 35 minutes, until golden. Serve the muffins with dairy free coconut or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: