This mushroom fettuccine with truffle with easily takes you back to Italy. Italian food is one of my favorites and I am a huge pasta lover. The combination of mushroom and truffle is divine. So flavorful, yet light. I used coconut cream to keep this recipe dairy free and lighter. This recipe is also ideal during this time and has incredible immune boosting properties. Thyme is packed with vitamin C and is a good source of vitamin A. If you feel a cold coming on, thyme can help get you back in good health. I added shiitake mushrooms into the mix as they contain beta-glucans that boost the immune system. Using the combination of garlic, onion and mushrooms will boost the immune system and fight inflammation. Enjoy with a glass of wine and picture you are in a cute little town in Tuscany! xx
Mushroom Fettuccine with Truffle
- 1 box fettuccine
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp white truffle oil
- 2 tbsp black truffle (optional)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Cook fettuccine as per box directions.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil and ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 3. Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add fresh thyme and white wine. Bring the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add the coconut cream, truffle oil, black truffle slices and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off heat.
- STEP 5. Drain fettuccine and add to the mushroom sauce. Mix well until well combines. Optional to serve with grated cheese and chili flakes. Enjoy!
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: