These cookies are absolute perfection. I recently discovered tiger nut flour and these cookies turned out really well. The recipe is similar to the way they show on the back of the package, although I did make a few healthier twists. This flour is a great source of fiber that will fill you up and lowers cholesterol. Grab a cookie and enjoy it with a cup of hot cocoa!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tiger nut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 150 C.
- STEP 2. Mix water and flaxseeds in a bowl, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3. In another mixing bowl, add tahini, tiger nut flour, monkfruit sweetener, baking powder and mix well. Stir in the chilled flaxseed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and a pinch of salt. Mix well using your hands.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form 6 cookies. If you want, add in a few extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes on 350 F or 150 C.
Tools for this recipe