Zucchinis are a great source of the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. These two carotenoids have powerful anti-aging properties. They protect the skin from free radical damage, which may otherwise lead to premature aging. A great number of skin problems such as dark spots and wrinkles are caused by free radical damage. Antioxidants contained in leeks can combat free radicals and slow down the aging process.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz. vegetable broth
- 20 oz. water
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, plus more for decorating
- STEP 1. Heat olive oil in a deep pot and add the onion, leek and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, until soft. Add the remaining of veggies, spices, vegetable broth and water.
- STEP 2. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add mint at the end. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- STEP 3. Serve soup in bowls and garnish with fresh mint.
Tools for this recipe