This recipe is absolutely incredible. It’s a traditional Bulgarian meal and I grew up eating “Kufte” aka Bulgarian Meatballs. We always paired it with lutenitsa which is a roasted red pepper spread, Greek salad and tzatziki. This recipe is easy to make in the oven, fried or grilled. I personally like them grilled or baked in the oven because they are healthier but fried is super tasty too! If you don’t have a grill at home and prefer to bake them, cook them for 10-12 minutes on 400F.
My Mom’s Bulgarian Meatballs aka Kufte
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 lbs grass-fed beef
- 1/2 lbs pork
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- chili flakes, black pepper, sea salt season to your taste
- 3 tbsp vegan cheese
- STEP 1. Preheat grill to 400 F.
- STEP 2. Place the onion, parsley and green pepper in a small food processor. Pulse until they blend well and are finely chopped. Transfer them to a bowl, and add the beef, pork, cumin, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- STEP 3. Form 6 meatballs and stuff each one with a little bit of cheese in the middle.
- STEP 4. Grill on medium to high for about 6 minutes. Flipping it a few times to each side.
Tools/Products Used For This Recipe: