One of the advantages of being quarantined is that we have been able to cook more and experiment with new recipes. This chicken piccata turned out absolutely incredible. My dad couldn’t stop repeating how good it tasted and we all went back for seconds. We served it with my cauliflower patties but I personally think it will tasted better with cauliflower purée. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breast, butterflied and cut into smaller pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp ghee
For The Sauce:
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- STEP 1. Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper to your taste. Dip the chicken in the almond meal.
- STEP 2. Heat ghee in a large skillet and cook the chicken over medium to high heat. Flip a few times, until it cooks through. About 3-4minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- STEP 3. Using the same skillet, add ghee and olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add the wine, lemon juice, capers, parsley and chili flakes. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce reduces. Add the chicken to the pan so it can absorb some of the sauce. Serve the chicken over cauliflower mash and enjoy.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: