This green salad with quinoa is absolutely to die for. I love a good, fresh salad with lots of veggies in it. After spending 10 days in India, I had a craving for something green and packed with nutrients! I went to the local market in Athens and got organic vegetables. You can get creative and use what’s in season in your town. This salad is extremely adaptable and can be made with whatever veggies you like. It can be served on its own or as a side to grilled chicken or stuffed mushrooms.
Green Goddess Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
For the Dressing:
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- ½ avocado
- Sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Cook quinoa as per box directions and set aside to cool. To save time, prepare the quinoa from the day before.
- STEP 2. In a large mixing bowl, add the steamed asparagus, steamed broccoli, grated zucchini, baby spinach, cucumbers, scallions and cherry tomatoes. Toss well.
- STEP 3. Add all of the ingredients for the salad dressing to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Pour over the salad, mix well and serve!
Tools/Products Used In Recipe: