A healthy twist on a creamy, comforting cauliflower soup. This low-calorie, vegan recipe is super easy to whip up any day of the week. Sometimes I double the ingredients and freeze jars of it to have when I don’t have time to cook. It will make the perfect starter to your Thanksgiving dinner!
Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, cut in large piece
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups water or more, depending how think you like the soup
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- sliced almonds, roasted
- micro greens
- crushed red pepper
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with a teaspoon of olive oil. Spread the cauliflower and onion on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes.
- STEP 3. Heat a table spoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté the garlic and ginger. Add the roasted cauliflower, onion, almond milk and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- STEP 4. Serve in a bowl and top with sliced almonds, micro greens and crushed red pepper.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: